I am a big believer that things happen for a reason.
I feel that everyday the decisions you make effect how the rest of your life is formed. It doesn't matter if at the end of the day those decisions were ones that probably were not the best you could have chosen, because they already have formed your future.
For me, I feel like at the end of each week I look at myself in the mirror and wonder...did i make all the right decisions this week?. In the end I hope I chose the right path that will lead me to the right future God really wants for me.
It's a scary thought thinking that one of those decisions could throw me off the path. But i have enough faith in myself and those around me, and especially God that I will end up where God wants me to be and that everything will work out.
Everynight I go to bed and I pray to God, i ask him to heal those who are injured or hurt around me, I ask him to lead all my family and friends down the right paths in their lives, I ask him to help the leaders of our country to make the right decisions and lastly I ask him to help me in all that I do.
Praying is just one of those things i was brought up doing. I remember..okay actually i dont remember but my mom thinks it's hilarious so she repeatedly tells me this story which makes me feel like i remember it... anyways one time when i was younger i refused to say grace before dinner. I have no idea why i was pry like three or something at the time. i was just being stubborn. (i am still stubborn to this day,but at least now i know why i am stubborn and for good reason haha) the point is my parents sent me to my room and they went outside and i looked out my window at them while they were outside they kept saying if you say grace you can eat dinner and come outside with us. but i didn't say grace. sometimes, after my mom finishes telling me that story for the upteenth time, i wonder to myself what was i thinking at that time in my life that i refused to say grace. I mean at that age i must have just been feeling something that made me not want to say grace or eat dinner...
Although at this point in my life I can't really imagine not saying grace or saying my prayers at night. My mom says well basically everyday that each night you should thank God for at least five things. I agree with her...there has to be at least five things that happened in your day that you are thankful for.
you know so just for today i'm going to give you the five things i am thankful for
NUMBER 1. Christa Black. What can i say i love this girl...well woman i guess haha. but anyways she's amazing her blogs make me think really hard about everything in my life and i love her for that. for example her latest blog this part made me think really hard:
"some of you are handing your hearts to guys on a platter who have never done anything to deserve such a precious possession. i'm NOT saying never to have crushes...never to like boys...that would be crazy and impossible! i'm saying....don't let the rejection of guys who don't like you back...or who don't know you exist...dictate how you live TODAY. if it's ruining the quality of TODAY...then take those thoughts captive. don't fantasize about something that is only leading your heart down a path that makes you long for something that's a dream.
dreams are AMAZING....BUT WHEN THEY'RE RUINING YOUR REALITY, they can become nightmares. i know all about that."
That right there is some good stuff.
Christa Black is an amazing person. <3
NUMBER 2. She's mahhh bestest friendddddddddddd. and i loveth her. Ali :) for some reason it's like she knows when i'm having aaaaaaaaaaaa not-so-good day and even though we dont' talk everyday she can still see that. So she texted me today and she made me smile and i love her for that.
NUMBER 3. my psycho mother. what can i say. i love her....i kind of have to..hah just kidding.i really do love her. Like today i was explaning some things to her and she could have not seen things my way and been like no you are completely wrong. but as a mother i guess she knows better than to be like that. but i mean she tried really hard to take into context both sides of the story...and well in the end she said what i was thinking isn't wrong... not like what the other person was thinking was wrong, it's just what i was thinking is how i am. She also told me i'm a very individual person and that i have no problems being alone. which i agree with. i like to have my alone time. it's nice, i reflect on life. you know things like that :) so hopefully that all just made sense...haha
NUMBER4. I'M GOING TO THE BEACH TOMORROW!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
I can't wait :) we are also apparently visiting Herr's chip factory... my mom really wants to go there. lol yay for a tour bright and early 9 a.m....yes nine.in.the.morning. did i mention i have to get up at 6:30 am...why am i still up? haha oh wells i can sleep in the car! maybe.
on a sidenote there is a fly flying around my room. it's very.annoying. it keeps flying at my head. i can't handle it....
andddddddddddd
NUMBER5. my grandmother. interesting choice right there since i haven't seen/talked to her since last week. oh and i clarify my mom's mom. she's the most adorable crazy grandmother ever. and she keeps insisting on buying me new sheets for my new bed at my new school for this fall haha. so funny. but i'm excited our shopping trip will be an enjoyable crazy time. :)
and those are my top 5 things i am thankful for today. i could easily dwell on the things that did not make me happy today. but you know what...they happened. it's over and done with. i can't go back and change them... because the things that happened are leading me on my path to who i will be/am. :)
oh and im' just going to mention again. i love my biffle :) she makes me laugh. for real.
and the fly is still flying around...
okay night. i love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment