Thursday, February 12, 2009

FTSK- Underdog Alma Mater



So first of all this CD is considered "Alternative" lol, so obviously my music taste is ridiculous and inconsistent. but hey that's the best way to be :)
And again the band is Forever The Sickest Kids. Album Name "Underdog Alma Mater"

1. Whoa Oh! (Me Vs. Everyone)- Basically love this song like A LOT. It's so catchy and the random beats make it even more fun!!! basically i rock out to this song like crazy when it comes on in my car! "Whoa Oh, Whoa Oh, Whoa Oh, Why do I put myself in these situations, Whoa Oh, Whoa Oh, Whoa Oh, I keep pushing myself, even though I cant take it at all." super great lyrics too. :) bahah plus there is this part in the song when they are like "i go in and grab a girl and dance" and they you hear the voice of a girl go "dont' touch me" and it makes me laugh hysterically everytime. and then it talks about self-esteem. "losing my, losing my, losing my self-esteem. you're not worth putting myself in these situations" :)

2. Hey Brittany- "Do you bounce, bounce, bounce around" basically i think this song is about a girl who is umm loose. lol. yeah i think she was engaged but yet she's with other guys too? sigh. some girls you know? but i like the beat in this one too it's fun.

3. My Worst Nightmare- another song about a girl. hahah. but what do you expect? i mean really it's a group of boys! hahah. it seems the boy left for college or something then came back and the girl is sayiing he cheated but guess what he didn't she did. "I never did what you said that I did when I was gone, for so long; you did what you said that I did when I was gone, I never said what you did was either right or wrong, its wrong you dreamt of him" what a jerk of a girl lol. but these things happen. but dont' worry the song is so like upbeat with the music that you barely think about the fact that the girl is mean. lol

4. Believe Me I'm Lying- So this one is about a guy who is the third party observer and feels that the girl he likes is with a guy who isn't good enough for her, but at the same time the third party observer isn't good enough? idk that's what i got out of it lol. since he mentions writing her songs, but he wont and calling her a queen but she's full of imperfections. "Go ahead and buy yourself a drink, Cause you know you’re deserving of it, Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep, And think how you hate me so bad. You know hate me so bad." and once again catchy beats. so fun!

5. The Way She Moves- This song is SUPER fun. in the beginning. and it's about a relationship. of course. oh man and it has SOOO many fun little beats throughout the song. like the way a dj would mix a cd at a party or something! SO awesome. "It’s a terrible thing, to know what you want and to know you can’t have it at all, I wanted was to let you know how I, it’s a terrible thing, it’s a terrible, it’s a terrible thing, A terrible terrible thing oh ya" and for real the little beats so great!

6. She's A Lady- This song is the song that made me like them. and weirdly enough Selena Gomez is to thank for me finding them haha. So hey thanks Selena. thanks. anyways. So the first line of this song "I’m in love with a girl I hate.
She enjoys pointing out every bad thing about me. I’m in love with a critic and a skeptic, A traitor, I’d trade her in a second." The girl apparently doesn't think he's worth her time, but yet she still comes around. i'm guessing she says mean things to him too, but he takes it because he loves her, even though she doesn't reciprocate those feelings. ridiculous lol. the music really fun too. you could totally bust a move to these songs! lol

7. Uh Huh- So he feels the relationship is going way to well, and that something bad is obviously going to happen. So he feels like they should just break up now because there's no point on continuing if it's going to end. how ridiculous lol boys and their commitment issues. psht.

8. Phone Call- Well this boy has some problems with getting over girls lol. "I know I said some things that hurt it took 97 missed calls to finally get over you" if a guy called me 97 times i would be like DUDE you need to chill out before i get a restraining order lol. well besides that he seems to have a stalker obsession as well. he couldn't get a job because he would rather be wrapped up in her life. well the drums are awesome in this song. and the chorus is great lol. and basically it's saying that people are just a phone call away but that doesn't always mean relationships will work out because a phone call doesn't really show all the emotions you are feeling. although personaly for me a phone call freaks me out, and i'd rather text lol.

9. Breakdown- Lol this song reminds me of my brother, in his first relationship like two years ago. that girl was ridiculous and called all the time and thought they were going to get married at 15/16. she was so annoying. AND she called like everynight and talked to him for hours AFTER seeing him at school that day. so i'm thinking these were my brothers feelings at the end of the relationship "You know that I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t getting quite bored of you yet. Your consistent state of nagging and your constant state of panic is unnecessary stress for me. You’re the tip, tip tip top of the charts" weird right. lol

10. That for Me- Well this song says Mother in it. like he's talking to his mother but at the same time that does not seem possible. it actually seems weird lol. but who knows. if it is about his mother he's telling her she was never the person he could rely on, and that she need not worry, he has a place to sleep and he's fine. "Mother I know you know I’m having a good time, I’m sleeping so little but I’m living the good life. No need to worry I’ve got a place to lay my head down no need to worry I’ve got a place to sleep." you know what this might make more sense if you thought about it as if they were homeless and lived in their car, but now he's grown up and she has an apartment. but is never home or something. yup. there we go. music is awesome too.

11. Coffee Break- this song is kind of slow in the beginning. and it seems to be about growing up and having a job. he just needed a breather from everyone calling him, and trying to do everything that he has to do. i know that feelings it's difficult to do everything you need to do. "‘Cause I’ve overcommitted myself. I guess this is growing up. I’m sleeping so little these days. I guess this is growing up. I’m feeling things are about to change. I’m guessing this is growing up. Yeah I’m growing up." yup it makes sense to me. life man it's tough. but awesome at the same time.

12. Catastrophe- I believe he is in a relationship with a drama queen. and he's trying to do what he needs to do, but she's burying him because of her dramaness. "Wake up you’re a drama queen, carry on like your supposed to be. Get away, hurry up, come on, get away gotta get up and go. Break out from the drama scene, stick around it’ll bury me, Get away, hurry up come on, this is becoming a catastrophe" That relationship sounds like a catastrophe to me lol. hmm my brother is home awfully early. he normally hangs out with his girlfriend until like 9 before coming home and it's only 6. WEIRD. anyways this song has a nice beat and it's fun even though they are talking about a bad relationship lol.

13. Indiana- Wanting to be close to a girl, and her mom is really cautious about their relationship. trying to get out of the place they are in. okay so i think he's in a relationship but he is tired of the town he lives in but he stays there for the girl. but at the same time he says they would be fine if he left. nice beat and music as usual :)

14. Becky Starz (remix) [bonus song from iTunes]- uses a lot of different techniques of music, pry because it's a remix lol, but it's fun. and talks about a party, and "and i said please to meet you baby, how do you do what you do?" picking up chicks at a party obviously LOL. and they talk about sucker punches. so maybe a fight went down? idk it's hard to keep up since they music changes so much, remixes really dont' work for me lol


In total i would say pry a B, because most of the songs are good, its' just not perfection :)



So there are two other bonus songs one is Hurricane Haley and i forget the other ones name but they were bonus buys if you bought the cd at like best buy, and then there was a bonus song for the release in the UK called The Party Song. idk i'll find those eventually i'm sure lol

and that is all. now i am going to go eat dinner!!!!!!!!! :) except it's pry chicken AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNn.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

i dont listen to them but maybe i will. it takes me a long time to get into new music though